Year-on-year, UK households see their energy bills rising – despite trying to limit the use of gas and electricity at home. As a problem that shows no signs of going away, it’s time to look for more viable solutions – solutions that will help consumers save money while also saving the planet. The popularity of renewable energy solutions, such as solar PV and infrared heating, is starting to grow, with more families taking the leap and adopting alternative energy solutions. In today’s blog, we’re going to show you why renewable energy is the way forward and how it can help you cut your annual budget.
Dark prospects ahead
Britons face paying extortionate rates on energy bills, under new plans to ensure the UK has enough power plants to keep the lights on. Amber Rudd, the energy secretary, recently unveiled plans to overhaul a subsidy scheme, designed to maintain secure electricity supplies, amid fears it was failing and could leave the UK at risk of blackouts.
This scheme, due to run in winter 2018-19 and 2019-20, will result in energy firms being paid almost £1 billion in subsidies each year to guarantee their coal, gas and nuclear power plants will be running. The payments will be funded through levies on energy bills, affecting all household owners and adding about £10 a year to the typical household electricity bill.
Following this news, more and more commercial and domestic property owners are considering solar panels and energy efficient solutions. These solutions not only make financial sense, they also reduce carbon emissions, safeguarding the environment too.
- Cheaper energy bills
- Payments for electricity you generate
- Opportunities to sell electricity back to the grid if you’re producing more than you need
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Guaranteed savings on energy bills
- Guaranteed annual CO2 savings
- A green conscience
At Low Carbon Energy, we also make the transition easy with low rate unsecured finance options. You can see the viability and fantastic results for yourself, by browsing our latest case studies.
What are the options?
While solar PV panels are the most obvious choice, there are a huge number of ways you can create clean, efficient energy and save money on your energy bills.
At Low Carbon Energy we offer a range of solutions including:
- Solar PV Panels – Helping you to generate your own electricity using the power of the sun.
- Herschel Infrared Heaters – Energy efficient heating systems, ideal for business premises or the home.
- LED Lighting – Lighting that operates at 80% efficiency, as opposed to the traditional 20%.
- Battery Storage – Allowing even further control of your energy costs – ideal for areas that suffer from electricity blackouts.
To find out more about our renewable energy solutions, give us a call today. You can contact Ged, or one of the team, on 08456 808 963 or email us on email@example.com