LED lighting has finally become the main source of lighting for many homeowners and businesses across the UK. However, there are still a huge number of people out there who’ve yet to convert to LED lights. But with lighting accounting for a huge proportion of our energy bills, at home, in the workplace, and in schools, you’d be mad not to switch to this money-saving, energy-efficient alternative.
One of the main things still putting people off LED lighting is past experience. If, like many, you tried out LED lighting when it was first available, you’ll know just how dull it was. Dim, cold, and barely worth switching on; it was a poor replacement for our traditional light bulbs. However, today’s LED lighting can produce exactly the right kind of light you’re looking for – whether that’s warm, natural, or cold.
LED savings: The stats
LED lighting offers an easy and convenient way to cut down on your energy consumption. What’s more, you’ll also be doing your bit for the environment too, as you reduce your CO2 emissions. At work, LED lighting can save you thousands. Replacing just 50 fluorescent or halogen lights with LED light alternatives can save a business around £1,500 a year and over £25,000 over 25 years. Likewise, in a typical UK school, LED lighting can reduce lighting bills by up to 80%. In five years, LED light installation can save a school over £20,000, compared to the same use of CFL downlights.
Other benefits of LED lighting include:
- Longevity – LED lights typically have a life expectation of around 10 years of continuous operation and are extremely durable too.
- Eco-friendly – LED lights are free of toxins and are 100% recyclable.
- Zero UV emissions – This makes LED lighting suitable for goods and materials sensitive to heat too and ideal for UV sensitive objects in art galleries and museums.
- Instant lighting – LED lights achieve full brightness immediately after being switched on.
- Great range of colours and designs – LED lights are available in a huge range of colours – for the perfect mood lighting at work or at home.
Switch to LED today
Do you want to join all those that have switched and benefitted from reduced energy bills? Make the change today by giving us a call at Low Carbon Energy. We’ll be able to assess all your needs with a lighting survey, ensuring the right solution for you. Following this, we’ll also come up with the perfect LED lighting layout, to ensure maximum benefit, and complete a full LED light installation with no disruption to you or your business.